Hi guys! I want to quickly share my smokey eye makeup routine. It’s very simple and can be easily toned down or punched up.
Typically a smokey eye is created by blending 2 eye shadows, and made the more dramatic with the use of eyeliner. I only applied eyeliner on my top lashes because the occasion didn’t call for more than that, but for a bolder look apply eyeliner on the bottom as well. A coloured eyeliner looks really cool too. Whenever I use a coloured eyeliner I use it in conjunction with the black, I just trace a thin coloured line above the black. Normally they say you should be using complementary coloured eye makeup to your eye colours, but quite frankly my eyes are green and I love using a blue eyeliner, and it works just fine!
A smokey eye is the perfect look for a night out, because it looks both dramatic and fancy. Because my sweater was quite bold already I wanted to keep the colours to a min, but don’t be afraid to experiment with colour! There is so much you can do!
What I did to create this look:
1. I used a cream shade all over my lid,
2. And the darker charcoal shade in the crease of my eye, and along the lash line.
3. Using the brush you see below I blended the 2 colours upwards and a bit above the crease.
4. I added colour to my cheeks using a peach blush,
5. And finished the look off with a nude lip. The lip liner and lip gloss you see below are the cheapest things I own and I absolutely love both! I got them at a make up sale I attended for $1. Yup. True Story.
The eye shadows and makeup brush you see below are both by Mistura Beauty. Iv’e mentioned them before in previous posts. They’ve been around for a few years now and are available in Rexall Pharmacy stores, and online through various retailers. Personally I really enjoy their makeup brushes, and the pigmentation of the eye shadows. My only critique would be that the eye shadow compact is hard to open and you have to use your nails. Other than that, great stuff!