I wanted to share a quick makeup tutorial of a look I created when we went to the Garrison in Toronto to watch my friend’s band perform.
I recently picked up a lot new makeup at yet another sale. I’ll be posting a complete haul in the next few days, but one of my new purchases included a fantastic gold eye shadow by L’Oreal. In fact I went a bit buck wild when it came to eye shadows, and that’s what this look is revolved around.
A flawless look always starts with skin. I don’t always follow all the steps but if I’m going out I’ll put in the extra time and effort to ensure my makeup stays on all night. This process includes:
1. Smashbox primer all over – usually with either a sponge or my beauty blender knock off (which I’m quite enjoying)
2. Liquid foundation – Maybelline FIT in 135
3. Foundation powder – Maybelline FIT in 135, with my Mistura Kabuki brush to set.
4. Concealer– Dream Lumi by Maybelline in Nude.
I like to apply concealer with a foundation brush, around my nose and mouth area to remove redness, as well as under my eyes. Steps 3 and 4 are interchangeable.
5. Blush – Essence Secret It-Girl. This shade is a really warm tone somewhat in between a blush and a bronzer. Perfect to add a little bit of colour.
For my eye makeup I centered it around the gold eye shadow and used a darker brown in my crease to create depth:
1. As you can see below I used a light creamy shade as a base. It was a mat finish so I applied it all over my lid and up to my brow bone.
2. Gold eye shadow – Maybelline Modern Metallics in 270S Golden Halo, all over my eyelid. I was very pleasantly surprised at how pigmented this eye shadow was! The colour and finish were both fabulous.
3. Dark brown for the crease – Maybelline Modern Metallics in 24Q, applied with my Mistura Large Shadow brush
4. Eyeliner – I applied Annabelle liquid eyeliner (my favorite!) to the top of my lash line, and extended the line outwards to create a winged-out effect.
5. I find black too harsh for the bottom lashes so I used Annabelle’s Smudge Liner in Purple Storm on the bottom, going about half way and smudging it in.
6. Finally, I penciled in my brows, added mascara, and a bit of white pencil to my lower water line
Since my eyes were pretty bold I opted for a nude lip:
If you have a naturally contoured lip (lucky you!) you can skip outlining your lips. Since I do not, this step is crucial for perfect definition. You can either use a lip liner in a shade close to your lipstick or natural lip colour, or use a lip brush to line your lips using the lipstick itself.
1. Lip liner: Annabelle Stay Sharp Waterproof Lipliner in Java. On their website this shade looks brown, but in reality it’s more of a dusty rose.
2. Lipstick: Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss from Rimmel London in 101
3. Gloss: Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Gloss in Iced Chocolate #60
And of course no look is complete without a gorgeous Pink Pewter headband!! So many people were asking me about the headband, it’s definitely a fave!